David heads up the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team and is also a key member of our Technology & Media sector team.
His corporate work is comprehensive and includes a wide range of deals and projects covering corporate finance, mergers, reorganisations, company acquisitions and disposals, private equity investments and management buy-outs. David gained enormously from the 8 years that he spent working for a City law firm.
“I live and breathe this kind of work and have done since the start of my career. It requires a surprising amount of creativity and the challenges always give me a real buzz. It’s a constantly evolving picture moving at pace, whether it’s completing a deal or negotiating a complex agreement. I love it when you can help a client by finding a fresh approach to an old problem. Boredom is never an option and we’re always looking for a better way of doing things for clients.”
David and the Corporate and Commercial team have been recognised by Chambers UK 2012 as having "an impressive depth of resources when it comes to advising on SME corporate finance matters." David ‘is applauded for his technical knowledge as well as his "prompt and professional knowledge”.
David has worked with clients on a broad range of corporate deals and projects, such as;
- Advising companies, particularly owner-managed businesses on corporate finance transactions
- Private equity investments
- Company acquisitions and disposals
- Management buy-outs (MBOs)
- Negotiating and concluding facility agreements
- Advising on operational competition law issues
- Negotiating restrictive covenants to protect business interests
- Issues surrounding joint ventures
- Creating and negotiating shareholders agreements
- Negotiating and concluding partnership agreements and partnership mergers.