As a solicitor in the probate and estate administration team in Oxford, Judy has over 10 years experience helping clients deal with all aspects of will drafting and estate administration, as well as giving advice on inheritance tax and the protection of assets.
“Bereaved families have so many personal issues to deal with and often at a time when they are least able to cope with extra demands. I always do all I can to appreciate their feelings and treat each one individually. My aim is to take all the stress of probate and estate administration paperwork away from the bereaved family leaving them free to deal with their personal concerns. Family life is becoming more complicated these days and there are constant changes to the law which might influence how wills are drawn up. I can help people recognise how they can best protect their assets and interests for all their dependants.”
"Both John and I wanted to thank you for your help yesterday in compiling our Wills. It was extremely helpful advice given in a really jargon free way.” [Withy King client quote]
Judy has extensive experience of advising clients in the following areas;
- all aspects of will drafting, including straightforward and complex will requirements
- protecting assets from exposure to inheritance tax and potential care home fees
- Powers of Attorney, including Lasting Powers of Attorney
- protecting assets for vulnerable individuals, including minors and disabled adults
- dealing with all aspects of estate administration, obtaining Grants of Probate and complex inheritance tax issues
- advising on Deeds of Variation
- Inheritance tax advice including agricultural property relief, business property relief and lifetime giving.
Judy joined Withy King in 2008 following the merger of Oxford firm Marshall & Galpin with Withy King. She is actively involved in community groups that support the elderly.
Solicitors for the Elderly
The Probate Section of the Law Society