Fiona is a valued member of the probate and estate administration team with particular skills in will drafting, probate applications and inheritance tax issues. She was awarded the Cook’s & Hatchard’s Law Prize in 2010 by the Devon & Somerset Law Society following her qualification as a solicitor in 2009 for her outstanding academic achievement on her professional exams and merit shown throughout her period of training.
“When you’re dealing in this area of law you really have to empathise with the client as you’re dealing with sensitive personal issues. It gives me a great sense of satisfaction when I’m working closely with clients to put things in place that give them future peace of mind.”
Fiona advises clients on a wide range of areas, including;
- obtaining Probate, including probate applications
- dealing with estates with foreign, business or agricultural assets
- claiming inheritance tax reliefs
- issues relating to Intestacy (where a person dies without a Will)
- varying the distribution of an estate (Deeds of Variation).
Fiona qualified as a solicitor in 2009 having previously trained as a Legal Executive.
- Law Society Private Client Section
- A member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.