Mark is an employment specialist, from dismissal and discrimination to strikes and whistleblowing. Working with clients, understanding their issues and aims, engaging in the problem and providing resolution is at the heart of Mark’s role.
“I enjoy dealing with a diverse range of issues on a daily basis; it may be discrete HR advice for a SME, providing training to our retainer clients or advocating at Tribunal on a large discrimination claim. Engaging with clients, getting to grips with their issues, formulating cost effective and sensible solutions and collaborating effectively to deliver them is the core of my role.”
Independent legal directory, Chambers UK, states that, “Employers rate Mark Emery’s knowledgeable, clear, concise and prompt guidance.” (2010) and that he “…wins praise for his dedication: He goes above and beyond the call of duty” (2011).
He specialises in all aspects of employment law, including contractual and litigation issues.
Mark acts for universities, international charities, large and medium-sized businesses, public bodies and for professional and executive employees.
His recent work includes:
- acting for an international charity at tribunal and on appeal in a complex discrimination and dismissal claim
- advising an Oxford University College on employment and charity law issues
- representing Oxfordshire businesses defending employment tribunal proceedings
- acting for an employee in complex disability discrimination proceedings
- advising a contractor dismissed from a bank after he had concerns about non-compliance with anti-money laundering provisions
- defending discrimination and bullying claims against a large transport organization
- acting for a team of academics in dismissal and TUPE related issues.
Mark also sits as a part-time Employment Judge in Wales.