Finding practical ways to resolve complex legal problems makes property disputes so rewarding for Mike. His interest in problem solving is often usefully employed when keeping his 44 year old classic car working!
“Property is an essential asset for many people. It is very important that they know they can protect that asset in the face of challenge. Sometimes people involved in property disputes have an on-going relationship, such as a landlord and tenant or as neighbours. It is always satisfying to help them come up with a practical solution so they can move forward.”
Mike has been independently recommended by leading legal directory, Legal 500, where clients said he ‘refuses to be beaten’. [Legal 500 2011 quote]
Mike works with both commercial and residential landlords and tenants and has considerable experience and expertise relating to property disputes, which includes advising on;
- commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes
- the law relating to residential long leasehold flats, including
- leasehold enfranchisement
- group purchases of freehold and lease extensions
- groups of tenants acquiring the Right to Manage. It’s a procedure the tenants can use that falls under the umbrella of enfranchisement
- boundary and neighbour disputes
- Professional negligence claims against property professionals, such as surveyors and, builders.
Mike also has a successful record in reaching settlements through mediation and preparation of high value cases for trial, and obtaining judgment and orders for costs in favour of his clients.
Mike qualified as a Solicitor in 2005 in London and moved to Withy King in 2007. He was promoted to associate in 2011.
Property Litigation Association